African Court Judges
Profile Judge Gérard Niyungeko
Judge Gérard NIYUNGEKO is from Burundi. He was elected for a term of 6 years. He obtained a Ph.D in Law from the University of Brussels, Belgium. He was the president of the Constitutional Court of Burundi between 1992-1996. He has worked as an International expert for the United Nations Program for development in the Judicial domain and in the domain of human rights. He is also a member of the Editorial Committe of the research group on the Democratic, Economic and Social Development of Africa. At the time of his election, he was a Professor of Law at the University of Bujumbura (Université officielle de Bujumbura) in Burundi, where he holds the UNESCO Chair in Education for Peace and Conflicts Resolution.
He has written several publications, one of which is: Les Droits de L'Homme, Cours Destiné aux Formateurs (1994).
Profile Judge Modibo Tounty Guindo
Judge Modibo Tounty GUINDO is from Mali and was elected for a term of office of 6 years. He has previously worked as Technical Counsel, Ministry of Justice, Mali (Ministère de la Justice du Mali)) and served as a Judge of the Court of First Instance of Timbuktu, Mali.
- Profile Judge Sophia Akuffo
- Profile Judge Hamdi Fanoush
- Profile Judge El Hadji Guissé
- Profile Judge Joseph Nyamihana Mulenga
- Profile Judge Kelello Mafoso-Guni
- Profile Judge Bernard Ngoepe
- Profile Judge Jean Mutsinzi
- Profile Judge Fatsah Ouguergouz
- Profile Judge Githu Muigai
- Judges of the African Court