Call for Contributions
The African Court Coalition would like to assist the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights (the Court) which is currently undertaking a research on the meaning of ‘African organizations as recognized by the African Union’ as refers to Article 4(1) of the Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights on the Establishment of an African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights below. This research is in relation to organizations that are qualified to request an advisory opinion from the Court;
“At the request of a Member State of the OAU, the OAU, any of its organs, or any African organization recognized by the OAU, the Court may provide an opinion on any legal matter relating to the Charter or any other relevant human rights instruments, provided that the subject matter of the opinion is not related to a matter being examined by the Commission”.
We, the Coalition would thus like to take this opportunity to invite contributions from our members which shall then be compiled together and sent to the Registry of the Court.
If you are interested, please send us your valuable contributions by end of April, 2013.
• Contributions should be in a Word document and SHOULD NOT EXCEED ONE PAGE (a reference page shall not be counted)
• They should be typed in Times New Roman, 12 font size, 1.15 line spacing.
• They must contain cited references.
• Contributions must contain name(s) of Organization or individual, contact details of organisation/Individual (email addresses and mobile/phone number). This information should be provided at the bottom of the page.
• Contributions should be submitted electronically as attachments via legalofficer_1[@]africancourtcoalition.org
• DEADLINE for submissions is 30th April 2013.