African Court: Access
The following entities can take cases before the Court:
- The African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights;
- States Parties that were complainants or respondents to a complaint before the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights;
- State Parties that have an interest in a case;
- African inter-governmental organisations; and
- Non-governmental organisations with observer status at the African Commission and ordinary individuals – but only when the State Party against which the complaint is lodged has made a declaration allowing individuals or non-governmental organisations direct access to the Court.